IO-Link – continuously step by step introduced in more and more sectors from 2007 to 2011
71% of 300 machine-builders responded to IO-Link with positive feedback and constructive pros and cons in the year 2007. The related report is still available in the Quest Trend Magazine Online (heading machinery industry/sensors). 1% of the machine-builders already used IO-Link at that time or intended this definitely.
IO-Link - continuously step by step introduced
May 4th, 2011 - Since then the machine-builders have been using IO-Link continuously
- step by step
- by and by in more and more sectors.
The implementation of IO-Link shows neither an erratic upward development nor a tough stagnation but a development that is quite typical for the careful implementation of a new technology.
Since four years in succession the portion of the machine-builders, intending to implement IO-Link, have been increasing. This year the portion has reached 12% of the investigated scarcely 250 machine-builders.
The careful approach preceding the series usage is clearly expressed also this year:
- „Regarding IO-Link one makes a test at 1 machine this year and if that run well, all systems will be equipped in such way.“ (Food processing machines)
- „One is testing the use of IO-Link at 2 machines.“ (Conveyer)
- „In 2011 tests will be with IO-Link (1 machine) and RFID (3 machines).“ (Wood processing machines)
- „One “fancies” IO-Link and would like to test it at one machine this autumn.“ (Rubber/plastics machines)
- „IO-Link is already partially implemented. One would want to further expand this use at 10 machines, if there were small modules available for high-performance connections.“ (Building/glass/ceramic machines)
„…benefits from IO-Link not reasonably communicated yet“
A packaging machine-builder asserts:
- „In the consideration is IO-Link but the customer must deal with it. The benefits were not reasonably communicated yet according to my opinion.“